The ES 3160 from RCF is a mixer-amplifier with four microphone/line audio inputs, an audio CD player, a USB MP3 player and an FM tuner. The inputs feature removable connectors, while input one also has a dedicated XLR connector. An auxiliary input is available for connecting additional external music sources.
The amplifier’s 160 watts nominal power is available on either a low impedance output (minimum 4Ω), or 100-70V constant voltage output for loudspeakers having the appropriate transformers. Input one has a signal detection circuit providing automatic priority operation for voice, although all the inputs can access this priority through an external command. Inputs two and three have RJ45 sockets for connecting optional RCF BM 3001 paging microphones.
A front-panel USB port allows for connecting a USB flash drive with MP3 files. Auxiliary outputs are available for sending internal or external music sources to additional amplifiers, mixers, phone systems (for “music on hold” function), etc. All four inputs deliver phantom power, and have a common “presence” control and separate high-pass filters, useful for improving speech intelligibility.
The CD and USB MP3 players, the tuner, and the auxiliary input have separate treble and bass tone controls. Front-panel LED lights provide status information. The unit is particularly suited to restaurants and bars, stores, hotels, office buildings, or anywhere else where audio distribution to a clientele is required.
- Mixer amplifier, CD and USB MP3 player, and FM tuner in a 19″ chassis
- Remote control for CD, USB MP3 player, and tuner functions
- Fully digital 160 W RMS amplifier, with 70-100V and 4Ω low impedance outputs
- Four microphone/line audio inputs on removable screw-terminal connectors with phantom power, high-pass filters, and a common presence control
- Additional XLR input on channel one
- RJ45 ports on inputs two and three for connecting BM 3001 paging microphones
- Configurable priority settings, with voice facility on input one
- Auxiliary input with volume and tone controls for connecting an external music source
- USB port on front panel allows for playing MP3 files from a flash drive
- “Music-On-Hold” and “PRE” outputs
- Internal Chime and Siren generators with activation via dry contacts
- Status, priority, audio level LED indicators